Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013 - who rocked the Red Carpet looks!



Hello Lovely people! Did you watch the Oscars last night?? Well, I didn't last night but I managed to watch it today without seeing any spoilers ;) I'm really quite proud of myself, it was hard not to see anything beforehand but all I had to do was to avoid any radio, TV, internet or friends…not too hard, right?;)
I'm not going to tell you about the Winners, as I'm sure you've already heard, or read the news on that part. I just want to take you through the gowns of the night, as that's what interests me the most;)
Most definitely the best and the most popular type of dresses were the ones that were shinning brighter than the stars :) Sparkle, sparkle and more sparkle that was clearly the theme for the night:)

Nicole Kidman - she just keeps getting better and better. Her beautiful figure and amazing taste always makes her look very glamorous.


Naomi Watts - just stunning! In my opinion one of the best dressed people on the red carpet this year. I love the futuristic shape and the colour is perfect for Naomi.



Laura Spencer - with the hair, the straight cut of the dress in a pale colour, the sequinned texture together create the perfect amount of glam :)


Hally Berry in Versace - I'm rather in two minds about this dress. I do love her look, it's definitely much better than what she wore at the Golden Globes, even if there is a little bit of Star Trek action going on here ;)


George's Clooney girlfriend - Stacy Kiebler rocked in this Naeem Khan dress. It's not a shape for everyone but she pulled it off, matching it with a perfect hair style that brings out the Old Hollywood Glamour look :)



There were also ladies that went for simpler and very classy looks and I think they rocked it too :)


Charlize Theron - No words needed…but I will still say this: she is just gorgeous, and every time I think she can't look any better she pulls something like this and leaves me speechless.


I love her dress though some may say it's a bit dull, especially with all those sparkles walking around ;)
I still think there is something about this dress. It's simple, but at the same time a bit futuristic with the front cuts, which makes it very glamorous.



Samanta Barks - as much as I like it, I do think this ensemble is slightly too modest for the Oscars. Maybe if she put her hair down with glamorous waves and added some statement clutch or jewelled it up better, she might have gotten away with it.



And here are my favourite gowns of the night:

Kerry Washington is my favourite girl of them all :) Every time she appears on the red carpet she looks stunning and very original at the same time. She always surprises us with beautiful and very delicate gowns that suit her perfectly. She seems to go for Miu Miu dresses that always look perfect on her.


Zoe Saldana is so beautiful that it would be hard for her to go wrong;) I absolutely adore her dress, but if I could change one thing I would drop either the belt or the bow…or possibly even both!;) I think that the top of the dress and the bottom are more than enough to make this look perfect.




Octavia Spencer looks gorgeous in this French Vanilla coloured gown by Tadashi Shoji I was actually looking forward to seeing her dress as I loved what she had on for last years Oscars and she didn't disappoint me this time either:)



Jessica Chastain with her fair skin and red hair looks like a star from the twenties. Her Old Glamour look suits her perfectly even though I wasn't convinced about this look at first, after watching her flowing on the carpet I changed my mind and I think she is definitely rocking this Armani Prive gown.



Jennifer Lawrance  - She looks amazing in this Dior gown and even her falling down while coming up the stairs didn't ruin her appearance. She rocked it anyway :)



I would also add previously showed: Naomi Watts wearing a gown from Armani Prive, Charlize Theron in Dior and Nicole Kidman in sequinned L'Wren Scott dress.




And I couldn't not mention the adorable couples that showed up on the red carpet and didn't disappoint us by looking all glamorous and madly in love :)




 Jennifer Garden in Gucci and Ben Affleck - one of those couples that were just meant to be. 

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban - they look so happy together!


 Jennifer Aniston in Valentino and her husband to be Justin Theroux - what a glamorous couple!

Jenna Dewan - Tatum and Channing Tatum - I think they win the most adorable couple on the red carpet award :)

Have a great night Guys, hope you enjoy the read! :0
xx
Ula

2 comments:

  1. That last picture is so cute !!
    http://thefashionpandacrew.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post.. and great oscars summary!

    i follow you blog now.. do the same if you like mine!

    you welcome!

    :D

    http://enaissoul.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...