Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fat Thursday:)

























Hello Guys! I don't know if you are aware but this is a day that I've been waiting for ages (a year, to be exact;) ) and it has finally come:) It’s Fat Thursday ladies and gentlemen :)
For those who don't know this tradition it is the last Thursday before Lent, last Thursday of Carnival. Because Lent is a time when we are supposed to fast, Fat Thursday is our last chance to go food crazy before Easter :) It varies between different countries in Europe but basically it is a day dedicated to eating - my kind of day :) People meet with their friends and family and eat large quantities of donughts, pastries, sweets, cakes and other kinds of food forbidden during Lent. Donughts are the most popular pastries served today (especially in Poland and Germany), but there are many many more delicious things to be eaten :) In Greece people eat all kinds of barbecued meat, in some parts of Spain there are pastries like 'Bizochos' and 'mona', it's all based on fat food, friends gathering and celebrating:) Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy all the food! :) If you don't usually celebrate it you should definitely start, any excuse for a fat day is good ;)

But enough about the food :) This is the first day in months that I didn't have to wear a warm coat. But now that we are getting to the stage where we can lose the coats, we actually have to put more of an effort into the top parts of our outfits! ;) We can't just hide anything anymore under the warm coat ;) I leave it up to you to decide if this is a positive or negative thing! This time I went for baggy pants, animal print jacket and sequinned top. For some it may be a bit too much, but I just like mixing textures so it worked for me ;) I just stayed in the same colour pallet  so I don’t think the mix of  textures is too OTT – fingers crossed you agree ;)
 Hope you guys like it!

Baggy pants - Liu Jo
Jacket - River Island
Sequinned Top - Awear
Boots - www.czasnabuty.pl

Have a great and very fat day peeps!

xxx
Ula


3 comments:

  1. I like that blazer and necklace. Have a great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna enjoy as much food as I can! :) Great outfit, I really like your pants.
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style gal!

    Shanda

    www.abirdieoncetoldme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...